CHIEF MINISTER’S FOREIGN FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2016-17 FOR FACULTY OF PUBLIC SECTOR COLLEGES IN PUNJAB
The Punjab Higher Education Commission invites applications from eligible public sector college faculty of Government of the Punjab for award of one year Master’s Degree in QS Top Ranking 300 universities of 2016-17. Limited number of one year Foreign Master’s Scholarships is available under this scheme. The scholarships are meant to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
Fully funded scholarship will cover university tuition fee, return air-fare, living stipend, cost of books, research allowance and health insurance. This cost may vary from country, university, and discipline wise.
- Candidate must be a permanent faculty of public sector colleges in Punjab.
- Candidate must have BS/Master Degree/16 years of education to his credit.
- Maximum age on application submission deadline i.e. June 13, 2016 is 50 years.
- Preference will be given to those who already have secured admission in QS top ranking 300 institutions as per the ranking of 2016-17.
- An employ facing inquiry under PEEDA Act.
- Has already completed Master Degree from foreign university.
- Has already completed MS/M.Phil/18 years of education.
- Candidates who are already availing any other scholarship for fiscal year 2016-17.
- Employs of Higher Education Department who are on deputation are not eligible for this program. Theses employs will be eligible after rendering at least 1 year of service in a teaching institute of HED before submission of application provided they fulfill the required conditions.
- Has 3rd division in the entire academic career.
- Has less than 2 years of regular service in Higher Education Department by closing date for submission of applications i.e. 13.06.2016 are ineligible.
How to apply?
Following application form complete in all respects should reach the Director HRD, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before the deadline i.e. June 13, 2016. The complete application package includes the following (Click here for Advertisement):
- Application Form along with statement of purpose complete in all respects (Click Here for Form)
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees
- Photocopy of domicile
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Appointment/regularization letter as full time faculty of public sector college, Government of the Punjab
- NOC from the relevant government department
- UKVI IELTS (Academic)/TOEFL/GRE etc. score (if applicable)
- Valid offer/admission letter from a foreign university among QS top ranking 300 in one year Master’s program (if Available)
Note: - All above documents should be in the same order as mentioned above and stapled.
Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
By hand applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must apply through proper channel.
- The eligible faculty of Punjab public sector college who have secured admission (preferable but not necessary) in the top ranking universities (QS Ranking List 2016-17) may apply for the Faculty Development Program.
- All applications will be processed by PHEC and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- The successful applicants will be issued provisional award letter for the Faculty Development Program.
- Final award letter will be subject to provisioning of legal documents or meeting any other conditions laid down in the provisional award letter.
Terms & Conditions:
Following are the terms & conditions of the award of scholarship and the acceptance of the award is an acknowledgement of these obligations:
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of award without obtaining prior approval of the Chairperson, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Govt. of the Punjab.
- An awardee is not to hold any other scholarship/stipend during this scholarship period of his/her study.
- A change of university/institute during the study will only be admissible with the prior approval of the Chairperson, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Govt. of the Punjab.
- An awardee would obtain leave from his employer to join the institution of his study on full-time basis.
- An awardee shall sign an agreement with the Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) on non-judicial (Stamp) paper to the effect that in case the awardee fails to complete his / her study, he/ she will refund to the PHEC the total amount spent on his/ her studies by the PHEC. The format of the agreement is enclosed as specimen.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (Stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished. Specimen is attached.
- An awardee is required to execute a bond with the Punjab Higher Education Commission to serve his parent department for 5 years subsequent to the award of the Degree.
- An awardee has to provide declaration of assets by the guarantor.
Every document i.e. Deed of Agreement, Guarantee to PHEC, Surety Bond and Declaration of Assets must be properly notarized, that means the document must be registered by the Notary Public maintained by him as notary register and the signatures of the executants must be obtained on the register and the number of the registration must be mentioned along with the notarial stamp.
For any further information about the program please contact:
Human Resource Development
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore