Foreign Post Doctoral Fellowships for Punjab Public Sector College/University Faculty
Punjab Higher Education Commission Corrigendum
With reference to the advertisement IPL No. 1366 for Foreign Post-doctoral Fellowships published in newspapers (The Dawn, The Jang) on Sunday Feb 07 2016, this is to inform that; Foreign Post-doctoral Fellowships are also available in the subjects of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Informational Technology. The last date for submission is also extended until April 15, 2016 (Friday). Other terms & conditions will remain unchanged.
The Punjab Higher Education Commission, Government of Punjab invites applications from eligible public sector college teachers/university faculty in Punjab for award of Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowship for 9-12 months in QS Top 200 Ranked universities of 2015-16. Limited number of Foreign Post-Doctoral Scholarships in Faculties of Social Sciences, Humanities and Management Sciences are available. The scholarships are meant to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
Fully funded scholarship will cover university bench fee, round trip air-fare, living stipend, research allowance and health insurance. This cost may vary from country to country, university, and discipline wise as per policy.
- Hold a PhD Degree from an HEC recognized university.
- Maximum 50 years of age on closing date.
- Regular faculty member of Punjab Government Charted Public Sector Universities and Colleges.
Must have placement in a reputed university listed in top 200 universities as per the latest QS World University Ranking [Note: The University should be among top 200 universities either according to the overall ranking or according to faculty wise ranking as per the latest QS World University Ranking].
- Submit a clearly written research proposal, relevant to the academic field.
- Have not availed Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the last five (05) years.
- Candidates who are already availing any other scholarship/fellowships
- Candidates who are not full time regular faculty in public sector college/university.
- Dual nationals.
- Applications submitted by hand will not be accepted.
- Research proposal would be reviewed by an expert committee.
- Relevance of host supervisor's profile with the research proposal.
- Number of years since award of PhD degree.
- Placement in QS high ranking University will be preferred.
- Applicants, who have indigenous PhD, shall be given preference.
- Applicants whose age would be closer to 50 years and have no additional chance for availing Post-Doctoral fellowship may be given preference provided they fulfil the criteria.
- Candidate’s research contribution/papers.
- Number of MPhil/PhD students supervised.
How to Apply?
Following application form completed in all respects should reach the Director Academics and Research, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before the deadline i.e. 31st March, 2016. The complete application package includes the following:
- Application Form along with statement of purpose and research proposal
- Valid offer/placement letter from a foreign university among QS top ranking 200 in Post-Doctoral program
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees from issuing board/university or HEC (Note : Attested educational degrees from HEC will be required after selection of the candidate. For applying to this scholarship, candidates do not require to submit HEC-attested degrees).
- Appointment letter as regular faculty in public sector college/ university
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Signed CV/Resume
- Foreign Supervisor Profile
- NOC from the relevant government department/university authorities
Note: All above documents should be in the same order as mentioned above and stapled.
Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
By hand applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must apply through proper channel.
- Only eligible faculty of Punjab public sector college/university who have secured placement in the top ranking universities (QS Ranking List 2015-16) may apply for the Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
- All applications will be processed by PHEC and only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- The successful applicants will be issued provisional award letter for the foreign post-doctoral scholarship.
- Final award letter will be subject to provisioning of legal documents or meeting any other conditions laid down in the provisional award letter.
Terms & Conditions
Following are the terms & conditions of the award of post-doctoral studies and the acceptance of the award is an acknowledgement of these obligations:
- A scholar shall not change the course of research study as specified in the letter of award.
- A scholar shall not hold any other scholarship/stipend during this fellowship period.
- Placement letter/Acceptance letter must be from World top 200 universities as per QS World University Ranking.
- A change of university during the study will not be admissible.
- A scholar would obtain leave and NOC from parent institution to join the foreign institution for post-doctoral study on full-time basis.
- A scholar is required to execute a bond with the University of his/her employment to serve his/her parent department for 2 years subsequent to the completion of this fellowship.
- A scholar shall sign an agreement with the Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect that in case the scholar fails to complete his/her research study, he/she will refund to the PHEC the total amount spent on his/her fellowship by the PHEC.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished.
- Every document i.e. Deed of Agreement and other documents must be properly notarized, i.e. the document must be registered by the Notary Public maintained by him as Notary register and the signatures of the executants must be obtained on the register and the number of the registration must be mentioned along with the Notary Public stamp.
Note: Agreement /Undertaking or guarantee formate will be provided to the candidates upon selection.
For any further information about the program please contact:
Academics and Research
Punjab Higher Education Commission
10th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore
Download Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowship Application Form ( Click here... )
Download Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowship Advertisement ( Click here... )
Download Terms and Conditions for the Award of Foreign Post-Doc Fellowship Program FY 2015-15 (Click here...)