PHEC Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships Program FY 2016-2017 - Phase II for Punjab Public Sector Colleges/University Faculty
The Punjab Higher Education Commission, Government of Punjab invites applications from eligible public sector college teachers/university faculty in Punjab for award of Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships for 9-12 months in top 200 universities according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016-2017. The scholarships are meant to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
The Fellowship will cover university bench fee, return air-fare, living stipend, research allowance and health insurance as per actual or up to the specified budget heads as mentioned below, whichever is less.
Maximum Annual Funds (in PKR Millions)
|2||Stipend||1.44 (i.e. 0.12 Million per month)|
|6||Total Funds Required for 1 Scholar||2.24|
- Hold a PhD Degree from an HEC recognized university.
- Maximum 52 years of age on closing date.
- Be a regular (BPS &TTS) faculty of Public Sector Universities/Colleges chartered by Government of the Punjab.
- Submit a clearly written research proposal, relevant to the academic field.
- Must have placement in a reputed university/institute listed in top 200 universities according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016-2017.
- Not have availed Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the last five (05) years.
- Dual nationals.
- Candidates who are already availing any other scholarship/fellowships
- Candidates who are not full time regular faculty in public sector college/university.
- Applications submitted by hand will not be accepted.
- Research proposal would be reviewed by an expert committee.
- Relevance of host supervisor's profile with the research proposal.
- Number of years since award of PhD degree.
- Placement in QS high ranking University will be preferred.
- Applicants, who have indigenous PhD, shall be given preference.
- Applicants whose age would be closer to 52 years and have no additional chance for availing Post-Doctoral fellowship may be given preference provided they fulfil the criteria.
- Candidate’s research contribution/papers.
- Number of MPhil/PhD students supervised.
How to apply?
The application form complete in all respects should reach the Director Academics and Research, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before the deadline i.e. 30 March, 2017. The complete application package includes the following:
- Application Form along with statement of purpose and research proposal
- Valid offer/placement letter from a foreign university that must be among top 200 universities according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016-2017
- Acceptance letter from the foreign supervisor
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees from issuing board/university or HEC
- Appointment/regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in public sector college/ university
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Foreign Supervisor Profile
- NOC from the relevant government department/university authorities
- Online bank deposit slip of Rs. 1000 as a processing in favor of “Punjab Higher Education Commission” in the account of Punjab Higher Education Commission Lahore, Bank of Punjab, Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozepur Road Lahore.
A/C PK43 BPUN 3200 1100 1276 0001
Note: - All above documents should be in the same order as mentioned above and stapled.
Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
By hand applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must apply through proper channel.
- Only eligible faculty of Punjab public sector college/university who have secured placement in a reputed university/institute listed in top 200 universities according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016-2017.
- All applications will be processed by PHEC and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- The successful applicants will be issued provisional award letter for the foreign post-doctoral scholarship.
- Final award letter will be subject to provisioning of legal documents or meeting any other conditions laid down in the provisional award letter.
Terms & Conditions:
Following are the terms & conditions of the award of post-doctoral studies and the acceptance of the award is an acknowledgement of these obligations:
- A scholar will not change the course of research study as specified in the letter of award.
- A scholar will not to hold any other scholarship during this fellowship period.
- Placement letter/Acceptance letter must be from reputed university/institute listed in top 200 universities according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016-2017.
- A change of university/institute during the study will not be admissible.
- A scholar would obtain leave and NOC from parent institution to join the foreign institution for post-doctoral study on full-time basis.
- A scholar is required to execute a bond with the university/institution of his/her employment to serve his/her parent department for 2 years subsequent to the completion of this fellowship.
- A scholar shall sign an agreement with the Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect that in case the scholar fails to complete his/her research study, he/she will refund to the PHEC the total amount spent on his/her fellowship by the PHEC.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished.
- Every document i.e. Deed of Agreement and other documents must be properly notarized, i.e. the document must be registered by the Notary Public maintained by him as Notary register and the signatures of the executants must be obtained on the register and the number of the registration must be mentioned along with the Notary Public stamp.
Note: Agreement / Undertaking or guarantee format will be provided to the candidate upon selection.
For any further information about the program please contact:
Director/Program Manager (Academics and Research)
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Ph: 042-99231903
Queries can also be sent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.