Funding for Conferences/Seminars
The Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) wants to facilitate organizing conferences, seminars and symposia in the institutions of higher learning in order to promote a culture of research. These activities will help the concerned faculty to improve their research and teaching skills and will equip them with required knowledge mandatory for degree awarding institutions engaged in research and capacity building of faculty.
The program hosting university/college may organize seminars/conferences on specific topics/areas/issues in any discipline relevant to the needs of the faculty and students. The program planning and execution would be the responsibility of hosting institution. The PHEC provides funding following the appropriate academic and financial monitoring. The seminar could be one day event whereas conference maybe up to four days.
Who can apply?
Public and Private sector Universities and Public Post-Graduate Colleges
How to apply?
Following application form (Click here) complete in all respects should be forwarded by the hosting institution VC/ Director/Principal.
Note: Application must be submitted at least 42 days (6 weeks) in advance of the event. Early submission of the application is highly appreciated.
- We regret but late submissions will not be entertained.
- By hand applications will not be received. Please post your applications at the following address.
Director (Academics & Research), Punjab Higher Education Commission, 10th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore. Ph. No. 042-99231903
As per allocated budget, funding for conferences & seminars is granted up to the following defined limit:
|S.No.||Item||Estimated Cost per Event||Total Events||Total Amount|
|1||Funding for Conferences||1.0 million||20||20 million|
|2||Funding for Seminars||0.2 million||20||4 million|
Award & Grant Release/Reimbursement Procedure:
1. Submission of university/college proposal, complete in all respects, on prescribed format for organizing the event.
2. A complete proposal pack includes the following required to be submitted at the time of application submission:
Complete Application Form
List, CVs and abstracts of presentation of Foreign Invited Speakers
List, CVs, and abstract of presentation of National Invited Speakers
Brief CV of Focal Person
Brochure of the event
Conference/Seminar schedule or program detail
Item wise details of the publication and stationery items along with quantity and rate
3. Award of approval from the Punjab Higher Education Commission. The sanction letter bears the approved amount against each component. The HEIs do not have right to claim funding reimbursement unless they have duly approved award letter for the said event.
4. The proposals are considered on merit and grant is approved on the recommendation of the Committee.
5. Grant is released in favor of the head of institution (VC, Rector, President or Director). The focal person is responsible for its proper utilization as per approved components.
6. If need be, the sanctioned amount may be provided to the university/college as an advance to hold the conference/seminar. The HEIs will be required to submit expenditure report verified by the internal auditor along with requisite documents.
7. The amount is reim bursed or adjusted after the event and upon provisioning of the following documents:
i. Registration record of participants duly verified by the university internal audit
ii. Complete report of the program
iii. News coverage (copy of news clippings)
iv. Activity Pictures (Opening & Closing ceremony, activity and lecture sessions) in soft form
v. Invoices/expenditure receipts as per approved budget duly verified by the internal auditor of University/College concerned and endorsed by the principal organizer and head of the institution.
vi. Passport & visa copy, air tickets and boarding cards in case of foreign presenters
vii. Resource Person’s profile.
viii. Attendance of the participants with signature
ix. Checklist for reimbursement.
(Prescribed formats for the above mentioned documents will be provided to university after the award letter)
8. The reimbursement claims/adjustment should be filed within 6 weeks after the event, failing which the grant may be withdrawn.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Program advertising/marketing, program ownership and implementation will be the responsibility of the hosting institution.
2. The university holding a workshop must invite participants from affiliated/nearby colleges
3. The PHEC guidelines must be complied with in letter and spirit.
4. The PHEC monitoring team reserves the right to visit the university/college for monitoring of programs as per the activity schedule. The recommendations of monitoring team should be observed by the hosting institution for the program.
5. Grants are sanctioned to be utilized for the specific event.
6. Financial assistance of Punjab Higher Education Commission should be duly acknowledged in seminar/conference proceedings and on all the printed material.
7. In case of postponement or cancellation of the proposed event, the PHEC must be intimated immediately.
8. The pro gram focal person may obtain all the required documents formats from the PHEC website or contact PHEC concerned officer for the document formats. Please note that the reimbursement claims will only be adjusted after provisioning of invoices/documents on PHEC format
Criteria for Award:
The PHEC funding for Seminar/Conference is highly competitive. The grant is awarded based on the following:
i. Strength of the seminar/conference program proposal.
ii. Relevance of seminar/conference program with the needs of the faculty members, research paradigm of the department/ institution
iii. Professional competence of invited speakers/presenters
iv. Cost effectiveness for the said activity