Since its inception, Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) has been working extensively on implementing various faculty development programs to improve the quality of teaching & research in the Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) of Punjab including allocation of funds for the award of foreign PhD Scholarships, foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships, International Travel Grants (ITGs) etc. Now, PHEC has taken another step to further this goal by announcing “Indigenous Post-Doc Fellowships” to faculty members of public sector universities/colleges/HEIs of Punjab.
After the selection of research supervisor from the public sector universities/colleges/HEIs, PHEC offering the Indigenous Post-Doctoral Fellowships. All post-doctoral research applications will be processed/ reviewed by Research Supervisor and shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by committee headed by Research Supervisor, Subject Expert (nominated by research supervisor) and nominee of the PHEC. The final award letter will be issued to successful candidates on the recommendation of above mentioned committee/ research supervisor.
- Duration of Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Fellowships will be provided to the successful candidates for the period of twelve (12) months. The funds will be transferred to the concerned university which will administer and ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Eligibility Criteria for Post-Doctoral Fellow/ Researcher
- Applicant must be Pakistani citizen.
- Holding a PhD degree from foreign/ local university.
- Maximum 52 years of age on closing date.
- Be a regular (BPS/TTS) faculty of Public Sector University/College/HEIs chartered by Government of the Punjab.
- Must have not availed Post-Doctoral Fellowship before.
- Financial Provision
Maximum funding for each project under PHEC Research Grant for Indigenous Post-Doc Fellowship program is up to Rs 1.50 million including stipend of Rs 50,000/- per month for fellows/researchers residing outside the city and Rs 1.20 million including stipend of Rs 25,000/- for fellows/researchers residing in the same city subject to study leave.
If study leave is not provided, the stipend to post-doc fellow/researcher will be Rs 25,000/- per month residing outside city and Rs.12,500/- for residing in the same city.
The amount will be released as per below allocated budget heads. No additional cost/ funds will be provided to the Research Supervisor or Post-doctoral fellow/ researcher.
Indigenous Post-Doctoral Fellowship Budget Sheet
Sr. No. Item / Detail of Budget Expanses Proposed Budget (Max. with study leave Rs. 1,200,000/-)
For Same City
Proposed Budget (Max. with study leave Rs.1,500,000/-)
For Outside City
Human Resource Expanse 1 Project Allowance to Research Supervisor 100,000/- 100,000/- 2 Stipend to Post-Doctoral Fellow/ Researcher (@ 25,000 (same city) 50,000 (outside city) per month) 300,000/- 600,000/- Sub-total 400,000/- 700,000/- Support for Department (Equipment) 3 Laptop 100,000/- 100,000/- 4 Printer 30,000/- 30,000/- 5 Scanner 20,000/- 20,000/- 6 Furniture 135,000/- 135,000/- 7 Any other 15,000/- 15,000/- Sub-total 300,000/- 300,000/- Research Grant 8 Stationary 500,000/- 500,000/- 9 Purchase/subscription of Databases/information/ literature etc. 10 Data Collection (field activity) 11 Data Processing and Analysis 12 Binding of Final 10 copies 13 Analysis of Report Writing 14 04 CDs of the final project 15 Journal Publication Fee: where necessary (for 1 article published in JCR and Scopus indexed Journals) 16 Contingencies Sub-total 500,000/- 500,000/- Grand Total 1,200,000/- 1,500,000/-
- Budget mentioned by Research Supervisor can be readjusted on the advice of the PHEC Research Grant Selection Committee.
- Purchase will be subject to recommendation of supervisor (Note: Bill vouchers are mandatory).
- No funding will be provided directly to Research supervisor and fellow/researcher. All funding will be made through the host university in joint account.
- Equipment: Laptop, printer, scanner, furniture or any other equipment purchased will be used by Fellow/Researcher, after completion, equipment’s will be retained with the department of Host University.
- The Post-doctoral research grant account will be operated jointly by Supervisor and Treasurer of host University.
- Terms and Conditions for Post-Doctoral Research Grant
- The duration of post-doc must not exceed than twelve (12) months.
- If the employment city and host university of the Post-Doctoral Fellow/ Researcher is in same city the stipend will be rupees twenty five thousand (25,000/-) per month subject to study leave. If not, than rupees fifty thousand (50,000/-) per month.
- If study leave is not provided, the stipend to post-doc fellow/researcher will be Rs 25,000/- per month residing outside city and Rs.12,500/- for residing in the same city.
- The post-doctoral awardee will execute the project and prepare the research report under the supervision of Research Supervisor.
- The post-doc fellow/ researcher must have at least one publication in an HEC recognized local journal (not less than Y category) or international journals (JCR and Scopus indexed Journals). The publication with status “Accepted” OR “In Press” could also be considered conditioned to have been approved for publication within six (06) months after the date of acceptance.
- A post-doc fellow/ researcher shall sign an agreement with the PHEC/ University on non-judicial paper (stamp paper) to the effect that in case the post-doc fellow/ researcher fails to complete his/her study, s/he will refund PHEC the total amount released on his/her studies by the PHEC.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished.
- PHEC would monitor the research progress/ performance of the Post-doc fellow/ researcher and the financial utilization report on three (03) month basis. Thus, postdoc fellow/ researcher must submit the reports through his/her supervisor.
- How to apply for Post-Doctoral Fellowship?
The application form should be reach to Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) on or before the deadline i.e. 24.09.2018. The complete application includes the following:
- Application form.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- CV/ Resume.
- Attested copies of all educational certificates/ degrees and transcripts from Gazetted officer.
- Appointment/regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in Public Sector College/University/HEI.
- NOC from concerned College/University/HEI.
- All the above mentioned documents should reach to office within deadline.
- Incomplete application and application with missing documents will be rejected.
- Incomplete and application By hand will not be entertained.
- Application Procedure for Post-Doctoral Fellowship/ Researcher
- All post-doctoral research grant applications will be processed/ reviewed by Research Supervisor and shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by committee headed by Research Supervisor, Subject Expert (nominated by research supervisor) and nominee of the PHEC.
- The final award letters will be issued to successful candidates on the recommendation of above mentioned committee/ research supervisor.
- Research Projects
Sr. No. Title of Research Proposal University 1 A Critical appraisal of Pakistan’s Fight against Religious Extremism: Achievements and Challenges University of the Punjab, Lahore 2 Development and Validation of Psychoeducational Program for Child Sexual Abuse Prevention in Elementary School Students University of the Punjab, Lahore 3 Combating Fake News Era: Role of Academic Libraries in News Literacy of Students University of the Punjab, Lahore 4 Impact of Climate Change on Yield of Major Food Crops in Pakistan Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan 5 Integrating Life Skills Education for Mental Health and Academic Benefits of Adolescents in Schools Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan 6 Motivation and Self-Concept of Foreign Language Learners at an Early Age: A Case Study of Punjab Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan 7 Revisiting Violence During Partition: Making Sense of Partition Violence in Punjab, 1947 Government College University, Lahore 8 Identity Formation versus Identity Crisis: The perspective of Adolescents Government College University, Lahore 9 Equity Pedagogy as a Means to Cultivate Tolerance and Inclusion among Students with Diversity in Colleges and Universities University of Sargodha, Sargodha 10 Education for women entrepreneurs; Perceptions, challenges and opportunities regarding empowerment, equity and employability University of Sargodha, Sargodha 11 Resilience to Political and Religious Violent Extremism and University Education: Policy Frameworks for Sustainable Higher Education in Pakistan University of Gujrat, Gujrat 12 Youth participation in Democracy: A Case Study of Punjab Government College University, Faisalabad
- Download Form
For any further information about the program please contact:
Director/Program Manager (Academics and Research)
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Ph: 042-99233249 Ext-105
Queries can also be sent at the following email address: email@example.com.