Planning and Development (P&D) directorate of PHEC provides guidance on integrated planning and development processes to establish expectations for project scope, budget, and schedule to the PHEC and to participate in strategic policy matters of public sector universities of Punjab province.
Project inception and preliminary planning require thoughtful definition of goals and needs, master planning to accommodate anticipated future needs, funding requirements, budget cycles and/or financial impacts and project phasing. P&D directorate facilitate the Higher Education Institutions in this regard. The main objectives of all the activities are to establish and strengthen the higher education institutions, improving access to education and developing research facilities. The responsibilities of P&D includes;
- Coordination with other ministries & directorates
- Planning and designing of short and long term plans.
- Developing and writing projects.
- Assessment/Evaluation of PC-Is submitted by the Universities.
- Conduct feasibility study for establishment of new institution in Punjab.
- Preparation of draft ACT, PC-1s and other documents required for development of new institutions.
The role of P&D directorate is also to oversee the development projects funded through Annual Development Program (ADP), Government of Punjab for higher education at Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC), universities, and at Degree Awarding Institutions. The P&D directorate is also maintaining the key statistics of public HEIs in Punjab province.
P&D directorate is additionally engaged with establishment of new universities / HEIs in the Punjab province and for this purpose P&D directorate has also develop policy guidelines for establishment of new universities and sub-campuses of Universities / HEIs in the Punjab province.