Since its inception, Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) has been working extensively on implementing various faculty development programs to improve the quality of teaching & research in the Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) of Punjab including allocation of funds for the award of foreign PhD Scholarships, foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships, International Travel Grants (ITGs) etc. Now, PHEC has taken another step to further this goal by announcing “Research Grants for Indigenous Post-Doc Fellowships” to faculty members of public sector universities and colleges of Punjab.
To this end, PHEC invites applications/proposals for Research Grants for Indigenous Post-Doctoral Fellowships (12 months) from senior faculty members having Post-Doc in the social sciences discipline through their respective institutions. The PHEC Research Grant Selection Committee will select research proposals through a rigorous evaluation process following which an advertisement will be given for the selection of Post-Doctoral Fellows/Researchers through a competitive process. The applicants will be shortlisted and interviewed by another Committee to be constituted by the concerned institution comprising 3-5 members (including a nominee of the PHEC) headed by the Research Supervisor. The final award letter will be issued to successful candidates on the recommendation of the above mentioned Committee/ Research Supervisor.
- Financial Provision
Maximum funding for each post-doctoral fellow/researcher is up to Rupees 1.50 million for outside city and Rupees 1.20 million for same city. The amount will be released as per below allocated budget heads. No additional cost/ funds will be provided to the Research Supervisor or Post-doctoral fellow/researcher.
Indigenous Post-Doctoral Fellowship Budget Sheet
Sr. No. Item Proposed Budget (Max. Rs. 1,200,000/-)
For Same City
Proposed Budget (Max. Rs.1,500,000/-)
For Outside City
Human Resource Expanse 1 Project Allowance to Research Supervisor 100,000/- 100,000/- 2 Stipend to Post-Doctoral Fellow/ Researcher (@ 25,000 (same city) 50,000 (outside city) per month) 300,000/- 600,000/- Sub-total 400,000/- 700,000/- Support for Department (Equipment) 3 Laptop 100,000/- 100,000/- 4 Printer 30,000/- 30,000/- 5 Scanner 20,000/- 20,000/- 6 Furniture 135,000/- 135,000/- 7 Any other 15,000/- 15,000/- Sub-total 300,000/- 300,000/- Research Grant 8 Stationary 500,000/- 500,000/- 9 Purchase/subscription of Databases/information/ literature etc. 10 Data Collection (field activity) 11 Data Processing and Analysis 12 Binding of Final 10 copies 13 Analysis of Report Writing 14 04 CDs of the final project 15 Journal Publication Fee: where necessary (for 1 article published in JCR and Scopus indexed Journals) 16 Contingencies Sub-total 500,000/- 500,000/- Grand Total 1,200,000/- 1,500,000/-
- Budget mentioned by Research Supervisor can be readjusted on the advice of the PHEC Research Grant Selection Committee.
- Purchase will be subject to recommendation of supervisor (Note: Bill vouchers are mandatory).
- No funding will be provided directly to Research supervisor and fellow/researcher. All funding will be made through the host university in joint account.
- Equipment: Laptop, printer, scanner, furniture or any other equipment purchased will be used by Fellow/Researcher, after completion, equipment’s will be retained with the department of Host University.
- The Post-doctoral research grant account will be operated jointly by Supervisor and Treasurer of host University.
- How to apply?
The post-doctoral research grant proposal to be filled by research supervisor on prescribed application form at Director Academics and Research, Punjab Higher Education Commission, 10th floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore. The complete application includes the following:
- Application form along with the post-doctoral research grant proposal.
- Attested copies of Post-Doc Research Certificate & PhD degree from Gazetted officer.
- Appointment/ regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in public sector college/ university/ HEI.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- CV/ Resume.
- All the above mentioned documents should reach to office within deadline.
- Incomplete application and application with missing documents will be rejected.
- Incomplete and application By hand will not be entertained.
- Eligibility Criteria for Supervisor
- Supervisor should have post-doctoral research from local/ foreign university.
- Be a regular (BPS/TTS) faculty of College or Public Sector University/ Institute chartered by Government of the Punjab.
- Faculty members retiring in the same fiscal year will not be entitled to receive research project grant.
- HEC/ PHEC/ University scholarship defaulters (Overseas, Indigenous and Split) are not eligible for this grant.
- Submit a clearly written post-doctoral research proposal relevant to Social Sciences (subjects are as categorized in QS ranking).
- Applicants not Eligible
Applications may be considered ineligible if they are
- Not filled in prescribed Performa.
- Not received by Academics and Research (A&R) Division of PHEC on or before the closing date.
- Not signed/ Countersigned/ endorsed by the Head of the institution (Vice Chancellor/ Rector/ Principal).
- Application Procedure for Post-Doctoral Research Grant
- All post-doctoral research proposals will be processed by PHEC Research Grant Selection Committee.
- The successful supervisors will be issued the final award letter of PHEC Research supervisor for Post-doctoral research grant.
- Terms and Conditions for Post-Doctoral Research Grant
- The maximum duration must not exceed than twelve (12) months.
- Budget mentioned by applicant can be readjusted on the advice of PHEC Research Grant Selection Committee.
- No funds will be utilized by the University/ college/ supervisor/ department till selection of Post-Doc Fellow /Researcher.
- The grant received by the Research Supervisor from PHEC will be exclusively utilized for the project as per approved budget heads.
- All procurement will be made by the grant recipient department as per prescribed rules of the Government/ University.
- Equipment purchased through this grant will be used by Post-Doctoral fellow/ researcher and after completion, the equipment will be retained by the department for promotion of further research. PHEC has right to physically verify the equipment purchased through this grant for audit purpose.
- In case the supervisor does not complete the project, the university will be responsible to reimburse the funds from supervisor as per Government/ University policy.
- If supervisor does not complete the project due to any reason, PHEC will not entertain his/ her application for future research projects.
- Download Form
For any further information about the program please contact:
Director/Program Manager (Academics and Research)
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Ph: 042-99233249 Ext-114
Queries can also be sent at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.