To provide higher learning and research facilities at par with international standards. Punjab Higher Education Commission has launched the Split PhD Pilot program in collaboration with local and foreign universities. This program will be fully sponsored by PHEC and eligible public sector college and university faculty in Punjab may apply for the program.
- Why Split PhD Program?
- To bring quality in the local PhD programs and international research practices through strengthening foreign academic collaboration.
- To provide international research expertise to our scholars in Pakistan by creating foreign and local university partnership especially in social sciences, arts and humanities.
- To get Pakistani university scholars a supervisor from the collaborating foreign university for their dissertation.
- To provide opportunity to local scholars to take up research work in the collaborating foreign universities and conduct research under the supervision of advisor/supervisor from foreign universities.
- Who can apply?
- A regular faculty member of public sector university/college in Punjab domiciled from any district of Punjab.
- The program is meant for scholars only. Family will not be allowed to accompany the successful scholars during their visit abroad.
- Less than 45 years of age on the closing date of advertisement.
- Minimum 02 years of experience as a permanent/regular faculty member.
- Has completed 18 years of education (MS/M.Phil) in chosen discipline of studies.
- Has secured admission in the specific department of a university offering Split PhD scholarship.
- Has a strong research proposal relevant to the needs of Pakistan in general and/or to Punjab province specifically.
- Minimum 3.0 CGPA in MS / MPhil.
- How to apply?
The eligible applicants should secure admission in the local universities offering Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) Split PhD Scholarship Program and apply for funding to PHEC after confirmation of their admission.
- Financial Provision
Fully funded scholarship will cover local and foreign university tuition fee, return air-fare for research at a foreign university, stipend at home and abroad, cost of books, research allowance and health insurance.
- Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions related to execution of legal bonds shall be made by the selected scholars on PHEC prescribed format.
- Newspaper Advertisement