In the 10th Expert Review Committee Meeting, held on November 14 2017, it has been decided to revisit and update program policies and SOPs for conference/seminar funding. In the meantime, PHEC will not be accepting conference/seminar/workshop proposals. The proposal will be accepted on revised application format and as per new policy/SOPs after January 01, 2018.
The Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) provides funding for organizing conferences, seminars and symposia in the institutions of higher learning in order to promote a culture of research. These activities help the concerned faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
The program hosting university/college may organize conferences/ seminars/ symposium on specific topics/areas/issues in any discipline relevant to the needs of the faculty and students. The program planning and execution would be the responsibility of hosting institution. The PHEC provides funding following the appropriate academic and financial monitoring. The seminar/symposium could be one day event whereas conference maybe up to four days.
- Who can apply?
Public and Private sector Universities and Public Sector Colleges
How to apply?
Following application form (Click here… ) complete in all respects should be forwarded by the hosting institution VC/ Rector/Principal.
Note: Application must be submitted at least 42 days (6 weeks) in advance of the event. Early submission of the application is highly appreciated.
- We regret but late submissions will not be entertained.
- By hand applications will not be received. Please post your applications along with 5 copies at the following address.
Director (Human Resource Development), Punjab Higher Education Commission, 10th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore. Ph. No. 042-99262209 Ext-201
Award & Grant Procedure
- Submission of university/college proposal, complete in all respects, on prescribed application form for organizing the event.
- A complete proposal pack includes the all the supporting documents (properly annexed) as mentioned in the funding application form.
- Scrutiny of the proposal by the Expert Review Committee and award of approval from the Punjab Higher Education Commission on the recommendation of the said committee. Approved amount and terms of the award will be communicated through the Award Letter.
- Approved amount will be reimbursed to the university/college upon provision of required supporting documents.
Funding Reimbursement Procedure
- The funding for the event will be reimbursed upon provisioning and clearance of all financial and academic documents.
- The reimbursement claims/adjustment should be filed within 2 weeks after the event, failing which the grant may be withdrawn.
- The HEIs may not claim funding reimbursement unless they have award letter for the said event.
- Funding will be reimbursed only in the approved budget heads as mentioned on the award letter and according to approved limit.
- The focal person will provide funding reimbursement form SC-01 duly filled and verified (signed & stamped) by the officials mentioned in the form. For SC-01 form (Click here…).
- The focal person will provide funding reimbursement form SC-02 duly filled and verified (signed & stamped) by the officials mentioned in the form. For SC-02 form (Click here…).
- Tax deduction on payments will be applicable as per government rules.
- Following supporting documents must be provided the reimbursement forms:
- News coverage (copy of news clippings)
- Activity Pictures in soft form (CD or USB)
- Invoices against each expenditure under each budget head incurred as per the approved budget; duly verified by the internal auditor of University/College concerned and endorsed by the Treasurer and focal persons
- Passport, Air tickets and boarding cards of foreign speakers (if applicable).
- Air tickets with boarding cards/bus ticket of national speakers (if applicable).
- Certificate of attendance of the participants
- Grant is reimbursed in favor of the head of institution (VC, Rector or Principal).
- If need be, the sanctioned amount may be provided to the university/college as an advance to hold the conference/seminar/symposium. The HEIs will be required to submit expenditure report verified by the internal auditor along with requisite documents.
Terms & Conditions
- University must invite senior level delegate from PHEC for attending/participating in the conference.
- The focal person is responsible for proper utilization of the funding grant as per approved components.
- Program advertising/marketing, program ownership and implementation will be the responsibility of the hosting institution. PHEC logo must be displayed on banners, brochures, printed material and advocacy material for the conference.
- PHEC support/collaboration for the conference must be mentioned on all platforms.
- The host institution must invite participants from affiliated/nearby colleges.
- The PHEC guidelines must be complied with in letter and spirit.
- The PHEC monitoring team reserves the right to visit the university/college for monitoring of programs as per the activity schedule. The recommendations of monitoring team should be observed by the hosting institution for the program.
- Grants are sanctioned to be utilized for the specific event.
- Financial assistance of Punjab Higher Education Commission should be duly acknowledged in seminar/conference proceedings and on all the printed material.
- In case of postponement or cancellation of the proposed event, the PHEC must be intimated immediately.
- In case of replacement of approved speaker, the PHEC must be intimated immediately or else the funding for the replaced speaker may not be reimbursed.
- The program focal person may obtain all the required documents formats from the PHEC website or contact PHEC concerned officer for the document formats. Please note that the reimbursement claims will only be adjusted after provisioning of invoices/documents on PHEC format.
Criteria for Award:
The PHEC funding for Seminar/Conference is highly competitive. The grant is awarded based on the following:
- Strength of the seminar/conference program proposal.
- Relevance of seminar/conference program with the needs of the faculty members, research paradigm of the department/ institution
- Professional competence of invited speakers/presenters
- Cost effectiveness for the said activity