Best Research Article and Book Award aims to recognize and reward the researcher for their research contribution judged to be of the highest quality. The potential awardees under this category will be the researchers who have contributed the most to intellectual and social development through their writings. Intrinsically this is an award for the best research article, research innovation, and patent registration. On the other hand, this achievement should be characterized by outstanding publications with a demonstration of major impact.
The potential awardees under this category will be the researchers from Punjab who have contributed the most to intellectual and social development through their writings. While this is an award for a lifetime achievement rather than a single publication or contribution, it does not preclude recognizing a single publication with a huge impact. On the other hand, the lifetime of achievement should be characterized by outstanding publications with a demonstration of major impact
- Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant/publication has not received such an award for the same publication.
- Applicant / Authors’ credit is not plagiarized as per HEC plagiarism policy.
- The publication must be a scholarly book or journal article.
- For the award of 2024, only the research output of 2021, 2022, and 2023 will be considered.
- The publication must be as a main author or corresponding author.
- The only research output with Pakistani affiliation will be considered for this award.
- The publication must be written by no more than three authors.
- Books must be published by a recognized academic publisher listed in the SENSE list of academic publishers and other leading publishers.
- Research articles only published in a W-category journal or above in the HEC Journal Recognition System (HJRS) are eligible.
- How to apply ?
Eligible candidates may apply using the PHEC online application form. The complete set of documents must include:
- A Cover Letter
- Fully filled printed copy of the online application form. Ensure that the application form is complete in all respects. To apply online, (Click Here).
- Curriculum vitae of the Applicant; CVs should be of a standard form listing Personal details, Education and employment history, research projects, publications, patents, honors, service contributions, etc.
- Three letters of support from three endorsers on the prescribed endorsement form.
- Copy of publications in support of the information provided e.g. copies of research articles, books, patents etc.
- Short video Clip of 2-3 minutes duration to demonstrate evidence of the lasting impact of research excellence and innovation at the applicant’s/publication’s credit.
- Declaration Certificate
- Domicile of all Authors
Application complete in all aspects be submitted to PHEC. It should be properly bound (ring/spiral/other). All annexures with the application set are to be properly labeled (tagged).
Apply online on or before February 23, 2024, till 05:00 PM at the PHEC website. However hard copy of the application complete in all respects must reach at the address given below on or before February 26, 2024, till 05:00 PM through registered post only. Application submitted by hand will not be accepted. Application form, SOPs of the program, and related details are available at PHEC website: www.punjabhec.gov.pk.
- Newspaper Advertisement
- Contact Details
Dr Muhammad Mumtaz Ali Khan
Director, Human Resource Development
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore