Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) invites applications from faculty of public sector colleges/universities chartered by the Govt. of Punjab for award of 8-10 months International Postdoctoral Scholarships. Preference will be given to emerging fields of science, technology and innovation that are applied, relevant to industry and have an impact on society.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Holds a Ph.D. Degree from an HEC recognized university.
- Maximum 45 years of age on the closing date.
- Be a regular (BPS or TTS) faculty of public sector university/college
- Must have a placement in a university listed in the top 200 QS world university general ranking of 2022 and/or top 50 in QS subject-wise ranking.
- Submit a clearly written research proposal, relevant to the academic field, industry/society, and needs of the country
Applicants not Eligible:
- Applicants who are already availing any other scholarship.
- Applicants who are not full-time regular faculty in public sector colleges/universities.
- Applicants who have availed any post-doctoral scholarship in the last five (05) years
- How to apply ?
The complete application package includes the following:
- A Cover Letter
- Printed copy of the online application Click here…
- Acceptance letter from the faculty supervisor at a foreign university. The letter should clearly mention the duration of post-doc, commencement date and bench fee.
- NOC from the relevant government department/university authorities
- Appointment/regularization letter as a TTS/BPS faculty in public sector college/ university
- Copies of educational transcripts and degrees /PhD Notification in chronological order
- Candidate CV/Resume
- Foreign Supervisor CV/Resume
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Photocopy of passport
Application complete in all respect must reach at Punjab Higher Education Commission, 10th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before February 17, 2022 through registered post. The application submitted by hand will not be accepted.
- All the above documents should be tape bind and in the same order as mentioned above.
- Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
- Terms & Conditions
Following are the terms & conditions of the award of Post-Doctoral Scholarship and the acceptance of the award is an acknowledgment of these obligations:
- A scholar will not change the course of the research study as specified in the letter of award.
- A scholar will not hold any other grant during this scholarship period.
- A change of university/institute during the study will not be admissible.
- A scholar would obtain leave and NOC from parent institution to join the foreign institution for Postdoctoral study on a full-time basis.
- The scholarship will be awarded for the specified period as proposed on the acceptance letter (minimum for 8 months but not beyond 10 months).
- A scholar can stay outside the country of study/research for a maximum period of 4 weeks (28 days) for research purpose or due to any other emergency subject to prior approval from PHEC. The stipend will be deducted for a period beyond the allowed limit.
- The scholar shall be required to proceed abroad within six months after issuance of the final award letter failing which his/her award will be canceled. It is the responsibility of the scholar to obtain a visa and complete necessary documentation with PHEC within time.
- The postdoctoral scholarship application will be processed on the basis of information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/omission and misrepresentation, PHEC reserves the right to reject the applicant at any stage.
- An awardee shall sign an agreement with the Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) on non-judicial (Stamp) paper to the effect that in case the awardee fails to complete his / her Post-Doc studies, he/ she will refund to the PHEC the total amount spent on his/ her Post-Doc studies by the PHEC.
- In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (E-Stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished.
- An awardee is required to execute a bond with the Punjab Higher Education Commission to serve his parent department for 2 years subsequent to the completion of postdoc research.
- Every document i.e. Deed of Agreement, Guarantee to PHEC and Surety Bond must be properly notarized, that means the document must be registered by the Notary Public maintained by him as notary register and the signatures of the executants must be obtained on the register and the number of the registration must be mentioned along with the notarial stamp.
- Agreement/Undertaking, surety and guarantee format will be provided to the candidate upon selection.
- Financial Provision
The Scholarship will cover university bench fee, return air-fare, stipend, and settlement allowance as per actual or up to the ceiling mentioned below, whichever is less.
SN Item Unit Cost (PKR) 1 Bench Fee (as mentioned in the acceptance letter) 450,000 2 Stipend @ Rs. 225,000/month per scholar 2,250,000 3 Travel (return airfare) 150,000 4 Settlement Allowance 150,000 Total 3,000,000
- Newspaper Advertisement
- Contact Details
Director/Program Manager (HRD)
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Ph: 042-99231903